Abbott House is seeking a competent Full-cycle Billing Specialist to join the Financial Services team. In this role you will perform the billing function for most major service areas of the organization.
About Abbott House
Abbott House is an innovative community-based organization that helps children, families, adults and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities with complex needs build lasting foundations for a promising future. We operate programs in the New York Metropolitan area and Hudson Valley.
- Prepare and submit insurance billing (including Medicaid, HMO and third-party insurance)
- Ensure accuracy between billing system and general ledger
- Conduct weekly follow up on all unpaid claims.
- Generate denial reports to be sent to program and senior management.
- Analyze all funding source rate sheets and disseminate information to program and senior staff
- Responsible for Food Stamp, Personal Allowance Analysis and Consumer Rent Collection
- Create invoice(s) and journal entries in Sage/General ledger software, – Accounting System
- Support annual audits
You are the ideal candidate if you are an accounting or finance professional looking to build your skill set in the areas of non-profit management and accounting. Being detail oriented, organized, driven, flexible and resourceful are critical attributes to be successful in this role.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- You have at least 3 years of general accounting experience
- You have excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- You are analytical and able to multi-task
- You are familiar with OPWDD rates and recoupments
- You are fully competent in accounting software and systems such as Sage/General ledger software, Precision Care, Accumedic, Millin-Pro
- You have full proficiency in MS Office Suite applications, including proven proficiency of Excel
What We Offer:
- Professional growth opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug and Vision Care benefits with premiums substantially paid by for employees, employee families and domestic partners
- Generous vacation, holiday, sick time and personal time off benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance and long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term disability and Workers Compensation benefits
- Paid Family Leave Program
- Employee Recognition Awards