About Abbott House:
Abbott House is an innovative community-based organization that helps children, families, adults and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities with complex needs build lasting foundations for a promising future. We operate programs in the New York Metropolitan area and Hudson Valley.
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for daily tasks that require maintaining the appearance, and operating conditions of the facilities that are assigned. This position also requires general knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and minor electrical installs. Maintain an up to date understanding of fire and safety regulations as applicable to the area of responsibility. Must be willing to travel. This is a full-time position (37 1/2 hours a week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general carpentry tasks in the repair or installation of doors, windows, shelving, cabinetry, and similar tasks.
- Responsible for minor electrical and plumbing repairs and provides an assessment of the need for more significant repairs to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Reports on progress completing maintenance jobs that are assigned.
- Completes all maintenance tasks in a professional manner, complying with all safety rules.
- Maintains an up to date understanding of fire and safety regulations as applicable to his/her areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as related to the needs of the Agency.
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Have a minimum High School Diploma
- Have a Valid driver's license.
- Have General Maintenance experience.
- Have Good communication and writing skills.
What We Offer:
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Professional growth opportunities
- Employee Recognition Awards