Abbott House is seeking an energetic Socio- Therapist to join the Foster Care team. In this role you will be supporting the Case Planner with the delivery of casework services to at-risk families that have indicated reports of child abuse and/or neglect. You will primarily work with families that are struggling with substance abuse issues.
About Abbott House
Abbott House is an innovative community-based organization that helps children, families, adults, and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities with complex needs build lasting foundations for a promising future. We operate programs in the New York Metropolitan area and Hudson Valley.
- Provide on-site chemical dependency evaluations and individual counseling
- Facilitate groups relating to substance abuse, education, and support.
- Help families develop the skills and resources needed to strengthen the family unit and prevent out of home and/or foster care placements.
- Use a strengths-based, intensive case management approach to service delivery that includes providing direct supervision and counseling to the children and families, linking family members to appropriate community-based services, forming, and maintaining positive family and community relationships.
You are the ideal candidate if you are passionate about the social services field and empowering underserved communities. Being compassionate, organized, self-motivated, driven, flexible and responsive are critical attributes to be successful in this role.
- You have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or in a related field
- You have at least 2 years of child welfare experience
- You have excellent counseling, communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- You are familiar with community agencies in NYC
- You have a valid Driver’s License
What We Offer:
- Professional growth opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug and Vision Care benefits with premiums substantially paid by for employees, employee families and domestic partners
- Generous vacation, holiday, sick time, and personal time off benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance and long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term disability and Workers Compensation benefits
- Paid Family Leave Program
- Employee Recognition Awards
Mon-Fri 9 AM to 5PM