Abbott House is seeking energetic Youth Specialists to provide quality care to the children in our program while adhering to all defined policies and procedure at all times.
About Abbott House
Abbott House is an innovative community-based organization that helps children, families, adults and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities with complex needs build lasting foundations for a promising future. We operate programs in the New York Metropolitan area and Hudson Valley.
- Respond appropriately to the individual and special needs of children.
- Maintain appropriate supervision levels for the assigned children
- Demonstrate group management and crisis intervention skills.
- Act as an appropriate and positive role model
- Plan and implements recreational activities.
- Complete log entries and incident reports accurately and regularly.
You are the ideal candidate if you are enjoy working with children while empowering underserved communities. Being compassionate, reliable, self-motivated, and a team player are critical attributes to be successful in this role.
- You have a high School diploma
- You have one year’s experience in child care preferred
- You have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- You are bilingual (Spanish –preferred)
What We Offer:
- Professional growth opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug and Vision Care benefits with premiums substantially paid by for employees, employee families and domestic partners
- Generous vacation, holiday, sick time and personal time off benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance and long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term disability and Workers Compensation benefits
- Paid Family Leave Program
- Employee Recognition Awards
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours)