Latino U College Access (LUCA) is a college access and success nonprofit organization in Westchester County whose mission is to empower first-generation Latino students on their journeys to and through college so they can fulfill their remarkable potential.
LUCA is seeking a highly motivated professional to work with students and families to help them navigate the process of finding and financing an affordable path to college. Selected candidates will receive in-depth training on college affordability to successfully support students and assist families in analyzing financial aid award letters and ensuring a full
understanding of the cost, payment methods, and financial responsibilities involved with college enrollment. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is eager to make a positive impact on the lives of college-aged youth, thrives on new challenges, and is ready to join the growing LUCA team!
Reports to Director of Programs
● Lead all financial aid programming and workshops for Scholars and families at partner schools
● Collaborate with school partners to deliver community information sessions and FAFSA Boot Camps
● Facilitate and deliver training and workshops for students, families, or volunteers in partner school districts
● Train and support volunteers and staff for effective financial aid application completion
● Leverage relationships to best advise Scholars through college financial aid application process
● Support college students with annual financial aid renewals to ensure college remains affordable
● Collect, analyze and utilize data for reporting, program improvements and decision making
● Project management; able to monitor workflow independently and meet multiple goals and deadlines
● Bilingual Spanish / English is required to successfully communicate and deliver content to families
● Bachelor’s Degree required; majors in business, finance, economics, or accounting a plus but not required
● Problem solver and excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,written and verbal, with the ability to engage diverse stakeholders
● Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
● Strong with technology; including Google Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, and databases (e.g. Salesforce)
● Passion for educational opportunity and equity for underrepresented youth
● Valid driver’s license; must have access to reliable transportation to effectively deliver community programs
Compensation, Benefits & Location:
The compensation range for this role is between $52,000 - $60,000, plus a benefits package that includes 403(b), medical/dental/vision/life insurance. Benefits also include 2 weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays, including a winter holiday break, 3 PTO days, and 5 sick days. LUCA also observes Summer Fridays with early closing departures.
This role is based in White Plains, NY and currently operates in a remote-hybrid model with 3 days in office and 2 virtual WFH. Ability to work flexible hours that include evening programs and Saturday program sessions as required.
Latino U College Access, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer