The Maintenance Worker is needed to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. They will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and TRC Shelter building systems. In addition to this the Maintenance worker will ensure the facilities are tidy and functional and meeting ORR and OCFS standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Fix and maintain mechanical equipment and appliances.
· Light plumbing work
· Paint units (touch up as needed and paint dept yearly)
· Strip and wax floors every 6 months.
· Repair flooring
· Responsible to make sure all grounds are safe year-round.
· Work with Senior Unit Supervisor to conduct fire drills.
· Inspect all fire extinguishers and make sure they are up to date.
· Responsible to assure all units are child proof.
· Carry out the job responsibilities in a professional manner.
· Complete all ORR and Abbott House required training.
· Mandated Reporter.
· Participates in individual and department supervision.
· Any other related duties as required.
You are the ideal candidate for Maintenance Worker if you: