Working closely with the Advancement team, the Annual Funds Coordinator is responsible for the Annual appeals, and database management and reporting. This position supports donor relations and advances prospect research and reporting. This includes (not limited to) data management strategies to increase philanthropic revenue while retaining and expanding the MKLM base of donors (e.g. outreach, identifying, developing, stewarding existing and potential donors).
S/he oversees the integrity of data and flow of information on donors and prospects; provides analysis and reporting as needed; and collaborates in gift processing and acknowledgements. In addition, s/he will help to coordinate campaigns, events, calls, and other touchpoints aimed at fundraising or cultivating and stewarding donors.
The Annual Funds Coordinator’s responsibilities require exercising discretion, exceptional organizational skills, and time management to meet the department’s deadlines and fundraising goals. This is an exciting opportunity for a team player - prepared to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Criteria
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience: 3 years non-profit fundraising experience including all aspects of annual funds and database management. Experience with writing solicitations, donor relations and prospect research preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency with fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge or other systems)
- Proven success with executing campaigns and appeals for donor acquisition, retention and growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to create a range of correspondence including formal business letters, donor appeals, solicitations, and acknowledgements.
- Competent with spreadsheets, budgets, and analytics.
- Strong computer literacy required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, and zoom; graphic design is desirable.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision. Excellent time management and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the mission of Maryknoll Lay Missioners, catholic social teaching; knowledge and interest in international affairs and humanitarian issues.
- Demonstrates confidentiality and good judgement with donor relations.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel locally (weekdays and weekends) to conduct presentations, visit dioceses/parishes, visit donors and other promotional activities as needed.
- ANNUAL & MINISTRY FUNDS MANAGEMENT
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications and all stakeholders, plan, implement and monitor direct mail, e-mail, online/digital giving and engagement campaigns that inspire donors to make a gift to the general sustenance, annual and ministry funds.
- Plan and execute Companions in Mission program to enhance recurring gifts.
- Support each missioner’s fundraising and engagement strategies. This includes missioner newsletters, personal on-line fundraising and maintaining the family and friends lists. Participates in the training of missioners for fundraising activities.
- Support the production of fundraising materials for current donors and prospects.
- Utilize and report donor data for recommending fundraising strategies to grow revenue and donors.
- Work with Trinity Direct for donor acquisition and cultivation strategies for accessing, understanding and acquiring donors.
- Manage external agencies and third-party vendors to ensure successful delivery of mailing / touchpoints/outreach and solutions.
- Keep apprised of latest annual giving strategies across non-profits and proactively share trends with the Advancement team.
- Additional duties as required.
- DONOR RELATIONS: OUTREACH, CULTIVATION & STEWARDSHIP
- Work closely with the Advancement Manager to develop and execute various donor relation plans and touchpoints, as required.
- Responsible for execution and follow-up of reporting: LYBUNT, SYBUNT, Thank-A-Thons and other segmented donor calls and touchpoints.
- Responsible for annual tax statement preparation and distribution.
- Responsible for record keeping of key touch points with donors, (including birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones) - including working with staff to enter data and create follow up tactics.
- Support donor events implementation such as announcements, RSVPs, logistics and follow-up communications and cultivation.
- GIFT PROCESSING / RECONCILIATION / REPORTS
- Maintain donor database and ensure that records are accurate, and coding and content are up to date.
- Develop queries, exports, reports and dashboards in Raiser’s Edge as needed.
- Assist with data entry and gift processing, and additional tasks as needed.
- Assist with preparation of Advancement quarterly KPI reports and annual budget. Including (not limited to) donor information and channels, summary analysis, reporting on ROI; average and frequency of gift; first-time donors; donor retention and recapture rates and cost-benefit analysis.
- Assist Advancement Manager with preparing annual financial budget, actions and steps to achieve goals.
- Closely monitor and track costs to ensure in line with budget.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, and presentations.
- Responsible for staying abreast of the organization, including MKLM history, current events, Monday Bulletin and Maryknoll publications, to understand and explain MKLM programs and financial information.
- May supervise temporary interns and volunteers for projects.
- Additional administrative duties as required.