Position title: Case Manager – Homeless Shelter
Reports to: Director of Shelter Services
Status: Full time, 40 hours
Salary: $45,000 annually
Summary: Develop and coordinate service plan for caseload assigned; utilize day to day working relationship with outside agencies and resources relevant to client population; make appropriate referrals and carry out. Follow-up on referrals; participate in case conferences; organize special didactic activities for clients; follow-up on special problems of individual clients; maintain client records and update client information; submit reports as required
Engage and refer for treatment chronically homeless individuals suffering from disorders of mental illness and substance abuse, utilizing trust-building, motivational and integrated treatment methodologies, referrals to local treatment providers and by monitoring progress.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry-out timely intake and assessment of clients entering the program as residents of the shelter &/or for Emergency Service clients.
- Develop and coordinate service plans for each individual; monitor progress and update plan as needed. Motivate the client to remain engaged utilizing harm reduction approach.
- Coordinate and maintain regular contact with other facilities concerning the client’s treatment and services. Obtain all necessary records from hospitals and other service agencies pertaining to individual clients; make referrals of clients to needed outside services.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and obtain appropriate consents.
- Participate in formal and informal case conferences; coordinate with in-house staff/professionals regarding progress of individual clients in Shelter environment. Attend multi-disciplinary staff meetings to promote comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation services for client.
- Meet regularly with clients on individual basis for both formal and informal counseling and address special problems-related to client's involvement in program.
- Assist in development of special group activities for didactic and therapeutic purposes.
- Assist clients in obtaining permanent housing in concert with Housing Services; provide follow-up services as needed.
- May be required to transport clients to appointments using company vehicle
- A Bachelor’s degree relevant to human services and/or at least 4 years of proven experience in Human Service work
- Two years of experience working with vulnerable or mentally unstable adults desirable
- Experience working with D.S.S. and other service providers.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- CASAC or CASAC-In-Training or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time management and writing skills
- Must possess sensitivity, tact, sound judgement and resourcefulness
Lifting Up Westchester is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.