POSITION: Clinical Supervisor, Integrated Services (Clinic-Based)
HOURS: Full-time (Potential for Part-time; Candidates interested in part-time hours are welcome to apply.)
The Guidance Center of Westchester (TGCW) is an innovative nonprofit agency that provides a wide array of mental health, substance use and rehabilitative services to children, adolescents, and adults in Southern Westchester. As a leader in integrated mental health and addiction services, TGCW has integrated clinics and satellite clinics in Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, and Yonkers. We are a SAMHSA Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) expansion grantee, with a centralized access center, toll free hotline for 24/7 access to services 888-TGCW CAN (888-842-9226), a crisis and community response team, and the ability to walk-in for rapid access to services daily – all 7 days of the week.
The TGCW behavioral health portfolio of services and support includes: Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Children and Family Treatment Support and Services (CFTSS), Crisis and Community Response Team, Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS), Home and Community Based Services (HCBS), Medication Assisted Treatment Opioid Treatment Program, Integrated Mental Health and Addiction Clinics, Supported Housing, Supported Education, the Vocational Assistance Project (VAP) and Vocational/ACCES-VR Services. Additionally, TGCW is involved in restorative justice projects for transition-aged youth/emerging adults in Mount Vernon and New Rochelle city courts.
We are looking for a leader who will fill the dual roles of clinician/therapist and clinical supervisor for 3 to 6 part-time clinicians. Clinic-based integrated services are provided by an interdisciplinary team responsible for:
- comprehensive diagnostic assessments;
- participant-centered care planning;
- health assessments;
- clinical excellence and evidence-based interventions;
- individual therapy;
- family therapy;
- couples therapy;
- group therapy;
- psychiatric evaluations;
- medication management;
- linkages to additional services and care; and
- successful achievement of participant-determined outcomes.
The Clinical Supervisor for Integrated Services (Clinic-Based) plays a pivotal role in ensuring improved access to integrated mental health and addiction services for lower Westchester residents in Mount Vernon, New Rochelle and Yonkers. Individuals and families of all ages can potentially receive support for all possible mental health, addiction, and behavioral health crisis needs (including but not limited to the following)
- Abuse and/or neglect
- Alcoholism and/or other addictions/substance use
- Anxiety and fears
- Co-occurring mental illness and substance use
- Family conflicts
- Grief and loss
- Intimate partner/Marital problems
- Self-harming behaviors
- Sexual abuse and/or assault
- Severe and Persistent Mental Illness
Clinic-Based Integrated Services Team implements evidence-based interventions to help participants achieve their wellness and recovery goals. We successfully work with children, adolescents, young adults, adults, and families. We aim to support the whole person and specifically train and retain a multidisciplinary team of peers, case managers, clinicians, psychiatrists, and nurses to skillfully provide care to address the complex needs of participants in our programs.
Reporting to the Director of Integrated Services (Clinic-Based), the ideal candidate will have experience working with clients with co-occurring disorders, a variety of diagnoses, and with populations of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
Due to COVID, many services are provided via telehealth. Hence, it will be important for this new supervisor to be proficient with computers and able to both inspire virtual clinical care, and creatively engage program participants in their care.
- Comprehensive Assessments, care planning, individual therapy, family/couples therapy, group therapy and clinical documentation/chart maintenance for a caseload of 15-25 participants;
- Individual and group clinical supervision of 3 to 6 part-time clinicians, who primarily work evenings and weekends;
- Provides annual evaluations of direct reports and reviews other evaluations completed by supervisors of team members;
- Reviews and signs off on documentation in electronic medical records for clinicians to ensure regulatory compliance, clinical appropriateness, participant goal(s) and billing needs;
- Case consultation, collaboration and crisis response support as needed;
- On-call and provides coverage as needed.
- New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW or LCSW-R)
- Positive attitude and demeanor with an ability to engage individuals of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and needs.
- Organized, solution-focused team player, with leadership qualities that support a collaborative and supportive interdisciplinary team approach.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to supporting the well-being and recovery process of individuals and families struggling with complex challenges related to mental health and/or alcohol and substance use.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement whole person care, integrated medical, mental health, addiction, and other social determinants of health needs.
- Familiarity with the full range of substance use and addiction, including opioid use, assessment, and treatment options.
- At least 2 years’ experience providing assessments as well as individual, family, and group therapy to address the range of complex challenges related to mental health and/or alcohol and substance use.
- Experience working with children, adolescents, adults, and families to support recovery from alcoholism and other addictions, co-occurring disorders, complex trauma and psychosocial stressors of poverty, abuse, abandonment, grief/loss, low/no literacy and criminal justice involvement.
- At least 1 year clinical supervision experience of interns, CASAC-T, and/or other clinicians/counselors.
- Familiarity with OMH and OASAS documentation requirements, including intake and assessment, treatment planning and clinical interventions from the start of the treatment though end of care.
- Experience with electronic medical record documentation is required.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus.
- CASAC-T or CASAC a plus.
**Candidates interested in part-time hours are welcomed to apply.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
SEND RESUMES TO:
Latoya Bailey; [email protected]
with the job title in the subject line.