Join Our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a full-time licensed Clinician in our Children’s Services Mobile Mental Health Program located in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Our Mobile Mental Health team provides treatment and care management services in the home or other community location for high-risk children between the ages of five and 18 who have behavioral health conditions and have had difficulty benefiting from traditional behavioral health treatments in a clinic setting. The goal is to address emotional and behavioral concerns from a family perspective, help the youth and family develop better coping strategies, and avoid out of home placement or psychiatric hospitalization. The Clinician will support recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaboration. When possible he/she will utilize evidence-based practices; always embracing a trauma-informed and person-centered approach.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conduct comprehensive, strength-based assessments of service and clinical needs
2. Develop a treatment plan in collaboration with the child, their family, and their care team
3. Assist families in securing identified services and advocating to other systems for the provision of these services in an individualized and collaborative manner
4. Communicate with school and other community providers regarding the child’s progress
5. Provide crisis intervention as needed
6. Participate in community outreach and presentations
7. Maintain up-to-date and complete case records, including documentation, and providing written reports and statistics as required.
8. Participate in team meetings, consultations, and individual supervision.
9. Complete the required number of client contact hours per year.
10. Participate in program development and in training programs.
11. Follow the established agency policies & procedures.
12. Maintain appropriate professional standards.
13. Due to the nature of the program, must have the ability to be flexible with working hours.
14. Other related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Principles, practices and methods of community mental health treatment including interviewing, assessment, family, child, and group counseling and crisis intervention.
2. Adult and child psychology, including development and psychopathology.
3. Applicable city, state and federal guidelines and laws affecting mental health treatment, services and reporting procedures.
4. Characteristics and types of mental and emotional illness.
5. Principles of psychological growth and development.
6. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
7. Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
1. The candidate must hold one of the following New York State licenses: LMSW, LMHC, Psychologist or LCSW.
2. Basic Computer knowledge is required.
3. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
4. The Clinician must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
5. The Clinician must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
6. The Clinician must be cleared by the NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
7. The Clinician must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
8. The Clinician must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to [email protected] with "Children’s Clinician" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.