Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Clinician (LCSW) at our White Plains, NY clinic.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Our clinics offer individual, group, family and medication services for individuals of all ages – and for a full range of behavioral health conditions. Our Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) Program delivers behavioral health services to individuals who are uninsured and underinsured or have otherwise been unable to connect to needed services as well as to members of the military, veterans and their family members. The clinician is responsible for the provision of direct, clinic-based clinical services and coordination with other agencies serving the clients. The clinician in the CCBHC program will demonstrate particular competence in providing trauma-related care, utilizing evidence-based approaches, to the military/veteran community. The clinician must possess the ability to engage and affect change through a person-centered model. The clinician will demonstrate initiative, flexibility, creativity and a collaborative spirit. The clinician will support recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaboration. When possible, the clinician will utilize evidence-based practices; always embracing a trauma-informed and person-centered approach. The clinician will demonstrate co-occurring competence to deliver services that are integrated and holistic.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide culturally sensitive direct, clinical services, which may include but are not limited to: assessment and treatment planning, individual, family and group psychotherapy, crisis counseling, and community consultation and education.
2. Document client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
3. Complete a minimum of 950 billable hours per year.
4. Identify case management needs of clients and coordinate with other agency staff and community agencies to have these needs met.
5. Perform crisis intervention as necessary.
6. Coordinate treatment with other community agencies and services.
7. Participate in program development and in training programs.
8. Follow the established clinic policies & procedures.
9. Maintain appropriate professional standards.
10. Provide 24-hour crisis intervention on-call services on rotating basis.
11. Other designated or related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Principles, practices and methods of community mental health treatment including complexity-capable interviewing, assessment, marriage, family, child, and group counseling and crisis intervention.
2. Adult and/or child psychology, including development and psychopathology.
3. Applicable city, state and federal guidelines and laws affecting mental health treatment, services and reporting procedures.
4. Knowledge of the common challenges associated with mental health conditions.
5. Principles of psychological growth and development.
6. Community mental health resources and services and other health, financial, social, recreational cultural, housing and legal advocacy services.
7. Understanding the impact of culture on mental health practices.
8. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
1. The Clinician must be, in active status, a New York State LCSW.
2. The Clinician must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
3. Basic Computer knowledge and ability to document in an electronic health record is required.
4. The Clinician must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
5. The Clinician must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
6. The Clinician must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
7. The Clinician must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
8. The Clinician must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
9. The Clinician must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to [email protected] with "LCSW Clinician" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.