Position: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Program/Department: Human Resources (HR)
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Location: Mount Vernon (Remote/Flexible offered)
Hours: Full-Time / 35 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Summary: The Guidance Center of Westchester (TGCW) is looking for an experienced and strategic talent acquisition specialist who will identify and manage talent. You will succeed in this role if you are a strong communicator with a passion for delivering exceptional experience for both candidates and hiring managers. You will work to build strong relationships with management and be responsible for managing the recruiting process from start to finish.
- Support a high-performing culture aligned with TGCW core values and B.A.S.I.C Tenets: Balance, Accountability, Satisfaction, Inclusion, and Communication.
- Source candidates at universities and related places using various search methods to build a robust candidate pipeline.
- Screen candidates by reviewing resumes and job applications and performing phone screenings; on average, 50 per year.
- Take ownership of candidate experience by designing and managing job postings, job descriptions, and position requirements.
- Perform reference and background checks.
- Facilitate the offer process by extending the offer and negotiating employment terms.
- Manage onboarding and new hire process.
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, provide guidance and input on program restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identify and support training needs for staff.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in Talent Acquisition required.
- Demonstrated ability to execute full-cycle recruitment searches.
- Experience with recruitment for non-profit sectors desired.
- Strong working knowledge with a company-wide recruitment applicant tracking system, Internet, Microsoft Office Suite, LinkedIn, Idealist, Zoom.
Travel Requirements: ~10% of the time.
Physical Requirements: These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to perform the job's essential functions successfully. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position, which are reviewed in each case.
While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
EEO Statement: The Guidance Center of Westchester (TGCW) is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. TGCW encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
TGCW undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: droyal at theguidancecenter.org. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The Guidance Center of Westchester's mission is to improve the well-being of people of all ages through innovative and effective programs that enable everyone to learn, work, and thrive.
TGCW offers essential and lasting support to those in our communities challenged by mental illness, substance use, poverty, and homelessness. We empower our participants to become active members of their community through education, treatment, housing, rehabilitative and vocational services. Founded in 1942, TGCW is a community-based nonprofit organization helping over 5,000 people each year. TGCW has an annual operating budget of ~$22 million and employs 250 people. We provide services to communities throughout Westchester County, with service sites in Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Mamaroneck, Yonkers, and Peekskill.