IT Support & Telecommunications – Network Specialist
The Franciscan Friars of the Atonement –Graymoor, located in Garrison NY, seeks an IT Support & Telecommunications – Network Specialist. The successful candidate will provide administration of Telecommunications for a VOIP system that also includes T1 lines & some Analog lines, plus fiber. Smart phone setup is included in job specs. Network functions include TCPIP, physical and remote LAN connectivity, switches & routers. Support for other LAN related equipment includes WIFI access points, cameras, and key card security systems. Software application support and training is also required.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support & maintain all In-House Telecommunication related equipment including router and phones;
- Troubleshoot phone service by testing circuits & equipment. Then, identifying, correcting or escalating phone or fiber problems;
- Work with outside vendors to resolve issues with “Hosted” VOIP and fiber infrastructure;
- Administer and support the Voice Mail system;
- Administer phone system user setup and phone changes;
- Support phone system end users and provide training and documentation;
- Maintain & support switches, routers, and other network related equipment;
- Provide server activities such as adding or disabling users or setting up user security through “Active Directory”;
- Responsible for set up of PC’s, printers, copiers and mobile devices including smart phones & tablets as per IT Department specs;
- Handle Video Conferencing & AV Presentations;
- Provide installation and upgrade of software, and support the corresponding applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required;
- 5-10 years of “Hands-On” Computer & Telecommunications experience;
- Network experience including IP addressing, firewalls, switches, server administration & security;
- Telecommunications experience including VOIP, analog lines, electronic fax, and smart phones;
- Security experience with both camera and door lock systems;
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task, pay attention to detail & lift computer equipment;
- Ability to work well with people and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is a must.
EOE. Qualified candidates please send resume to:
with subject line that reads “ITSupport&TelecommunicationsNetworkSpecialist”